If I never see another courgette again it will be too soon. However this recipe, cooked by the Husband no less, filled me with food yummyness and healthy stuff as well. This packs a veggie punch, even though it has only 3 of your “5 a day”, and whilst we ate it alone it could be paired with a meat of your choice if that floats the boat.
As I said hubby made it so it can’t be hard right?
Correct. The only thing was he choose to grate all the veg as an homage to its name but you could just chop or slice the veg if you don’t want to have a strained wrist. Yep the chopping and slicing method would have done me but as I didn’t make the dinner I guess I shouldn’t complain.
Here is how the man of the house did the deed.
What Ingredients did he use
3 large potatoes – grated
2 courgettes – grated
3-4 carrots – grated
100g hard cheese (your Favourite will do)
2 Tbsp Cornflour
2 cloves Garlic
Salt/Pepper to taste
Now for the magic
- Heat the oven to gas 4/180C/350F
- Grate the potato, courgette and carrot then using a muslin cloth or a tea towel squeeze the veg to remove any excess liquid.
- Into a pan place your onion roughly chopped and the garlic, splash with olive oil and let them gently cook until sizzling.
- Add all of your grated veg and the cheese and stir.
- In a cup, mix the cornflour with a splash of milk and stir until a white paste, now add the remainder of the milk, stir and then pour into pan. Stir until all the veg is coated with the liquid.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Transfer into a roasting dish and place in the oven for around 35-40 mins or until golden brown on top.
- You could if you were feeling extra naughty add some extra cheese on the top before placing in the oven but who would be that naughty?
So here it is – apparently the best dinner ever
According to the maker of course
Whilst I do like to poke fun at my husband this was a really tasty dinner and I hope he makes it again sometime.
I won’t be holding my breath though. Anyway, speak soon and in between remember